Trump: I'm told I shouldn't ask my SCOTUS nominee about Roe v. Wade

Trump: I'm told I shouldn't ask my SCOTUS nominee about Roe v. WadePresident Trump said he probably won’t ask potential Supreme Court candidates about their opinions on abortion before nominating Justice Anthony M. Kennedy’s replacement. In a program that aired Sunday morning, Fox News journalist Maria Bartiromo asked Trump if he would ask his nominees beforehand how they might vote on Roe v. Wade, the landmark Supreme Court decision affirming that the constitutional right to privacy extends to a woman’s decision to have an abortion. Trump responded that he’s been advised not to ask such specific questions and that he plans to appoint another conservative justice like Neil Gorsuch, whom Trump appointed to replace Antonin Scalia.




from Yahoo News - Latest News & Headlines https://ift.tt/2tWl3bT
July 01, 2018 at 09:20PM

Comments